Tuesday, March 30, 2010

3idiots: the best Rp.50000 I've ever spent

Okay, this is the read-the-title-then-stop-reading-and-go-watch-it kind of movie review. It doesn't makes any different what I write in this blog, the fact is clear: you are an idiot! An idiot movie watcher who can spent million on sucks movie but doesn't watch this one, complete idiot! Even I curse myself why I didn't watch it earlier... Oh yeah I remember, just one studio in one city with a bunch of competitor watcher who can buy the ticket anytime and that hell distributor who just give this country one copy of the roll... Yes, just ONE! That's why I didn't watch it earlier.

3idiots is not just a movie, it's an answer. For a person who spent 4 years of her life studying to be an engineer who didn't do any good at it, graduate with average GPA, with no passion for specific career and have no idea what kind of dream she wants to reach after college, yep, a person like me. Watch the movie just makes me feels like being called 'idiot' by my master-of-all-master-teacher Prof. Jon Sapiie in front of the class but with different circumtances, he's laughing (which is impossible in real life, because if prof jon calls you 'idiot' during class, it means you've crossed the line and got special prize: his anger). The story is about the kind of problem I always encounter this past one year, future and passion. Oh, passion, my eternal mystery.

The punch line is typical: do what you want to do, work at something that you really passionate about, and don't let yourself died in regret. The special thing is the plot. It's still bollywood movie, with corny lyrics song and i-want-to-throw-up-just-because-i-watch-it kind of dance, but the dialogue is made simple, simple and superb hilarious. It makes 3 hours flies easily, at the end you just realize your throat hurt from too much laugh and your lips dry because you forget to take a sip of your pepsi (or worse: you just forget to buy any drink- like me).

The ending is a typical too-good-too-be-true with bollywood style of happy ending, I thought it's a little let down after 3/4 plot full of simple surprise. But over all this is a great movie, as I say in the beginning of this post: you're such an idiot if you still spent time reading this post but didn't watch the movie. Go watch it! If you find it difficult to get ticket, just buy the DVD at ambass or kota kembang or other similar market, or just download it somewhere in the net. It's a must-watch movie, but it's not your fault if the release is limited, so... just find yourself a way to watch it :)
Powered by Telkomsel BlackBerry®

1 comment:

anggun oktari said...

aaaaa.. makin kepengeeeen nontooooooooooooooooon