Thursday, May 31, 2012

On The Road

File:OnTheRoad.jpg
With all the buzz around Cannes film festival and the release of film adaptation of Jack Kerouac's On the Road, I take the bait. I want to read the book and just bought the digital version of On the Road.

Dubbed as one of the best English-language novel of the 20th century, On the Road always said to be a story that define a generation, to be specific American youngster in the 50s. Honestly, I don't really have interest about USA post WW II. All the things that I've read that comes from before 90s -except the classic literature- is history related, this is the first. I've read the first chapter, and not really impressed, maybe after I read further... we'll see. My goal is to finish the book before I watch the movie, and maybe if it's good enough I'll write some review... we'll see. 

I've betrayed my own reading list by reading this one, I should have read Partikel first. but I'm in sinister mood, so it's better to read something more psychological and morally challenging that factually challenging like Partikel. Next one maybe.

No comments: