Wednesday, November 9, 2011

New book to read : In the Plex


New book on my book-to-read-list : In the Plex, How Google Thinks, Works, and Shape our Lives by Steven Levy. This is the second book about Google that I read, after Googled by Ken Auletta. I read Googled last year, and got a brief history and understanding of the internet giant, from the idea and project of two Stanford graduate students, to a realization of multibillion company that become our main source of looking for information. 

In the Plex is said to be written with cooperation of Google exec, with detail under the hood information about the development of Google culture and business. I found that some blogger using this book as trusted reference to understand Google strategy today. I just googled the book and decided to  read it as soon as I finish Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson which is still in progress. It means I push the Heroes of Olympus series, and The Hunger Games series down to the bottom of the list. Well, I have little time for fiction and the moment, which is still makes me feel uneasy for being a little too busy than usual.




Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: