Friday, February 20, 2009

New book and New movie

Yesterday, I planned to spend my day at Zoe comic corner, re-read some stories or magazine. I did go to Zoe comic corner, but ended up just read a magazine and 2 shonen star, not even re-read a series of japanese comic.

Felt that I don't have any interest in anything with picture at that time, I left Zoe and headed to Books vintage bookstore at Dago Plaza with a search of new novel or anything interesting. I found book one of the Black Magician trilogy: The Magician's Guild for only 25 thousand rupiahs, hehehe... I bought the book, left the store and smile in the way home.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watchmen are coming...

The new issue of Movie Monthly is a new superhero movie called Watchmen. I never heard about watchmen before, so I read the article without high expectation. After finished read it, I really can't wait for the movie to hit the theater. There are 3 points that pull my interest to the movie:

  1. It's not a superman-type of superhero movie, with almost perfect man/woman trying to save the world by him/herself as the main character. Watchmen actually a romance, romance about superhero, hahaha... another serious superhero movie... I really want to hug Christopher Nolan that started this trend :D :D :D
  2. Watchmen movie is based on the graphic novel written by Alan Moore. Alan Moore who??? Hehehe... I actually never heard the name before, but if you know about V for Vendetta, From Hell and The Leage of Extraordinary Gentleman, then you should know Alan Moore, he is the man who created those stories. I love all those movies... that's why I have my expectation growing rapidly in my mind... the story must be awesome, so the next problem is... the director???
  3. And the director is.... Zack Snyder, and I like him. The thing about Snyder, if he does a comic adapted movie, he try his best to keep the story and the visual to be the same as in the comic, like the one he did with 300. I don't really like Frank Miller's work, I hate Sin City and never had an intention to watch The Spirit, but I like 300 and all thanks to this young director.

So, for me it's all about the track record... I like Alan Moore previous stories that's why I think I will like Watchmen, so does with Zack Snyder, I like his previous works, so I think I will like Watchmen too, hehehe... we'll see...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

serius ??? itu harganya cuman 25 ribu ??? yang magician guild ?? siaaaaaaaaalllll ,, saya beli yang bahasa indonesia 3 kali lipatnya...
semuanya harganya sama lagi, tiga2nya

tapi gpplah.. lagian udah baca semua triloginya.

seru put..
postingnya keduluan puput euy

Anonymous said...

Udah full bahasa inggris nih blognya..
hehehehe..

Unknown said...

@k'muy : iya dong... hehehe *senyum lebar* niatnya ke Books tuh nyari bukunya Jude Deveraux atau apapun yg ringan2... eh nemu magician's guild, 25 rebu pula... Alia kemaren dulu juga beli john Grisham 25rb di situ... liat2 aja kang... kalo beruntung dapet buku bagus kok...

@alvan : mencoba van... mencoba... berhubung bahasa inggris gw kacau balau, jadi harus dipaksain, kalo enggak, gak akan belajar. Tapi buat bales komen masih pake indonesia kok... :p