Friday, February 6, 2009

Another chapter, another song : You make it real

It's so exhausting. The beginning of the year is always the hardest time of being a public accountant. Sometimes I really consider the opportunity to move to client's company, but hello... it's just my second year, everybody will think that I'm weak if I run away from this.

I take a deep breath and once again trying to concentrate. I do have a lot of work to do, but look at the senior... it's a shame to grumble around if I compare my work with them. Oh, I love my job... I love my job!

---

It's already 11 p.m and I still sit in my cubicle, facing my laptop, doing my job. Not much has been done in this last 3 hours, and I feel tired... so tired.

dddrrrrddd.... my phone vibrate... a message from... him...

I smile a little and open the message, like usual, it's short... one word and one mark: hungry?

I smirk... that was so him. I push the reply button and text : kinda, why?

Before I put away my phone, it vibrates, and once again just a short reply : come over, I bought some pizzas

I smile and reply : I'm afraid I can't, still not done for today...

And the reply : I know. Make it done. Come.

And that's it. I know him so well to understand that it's an order. I close my eyes, doing a quick calculation and planning, yeah... I can finish it tomorrow. So I get up from my chair, clean up my table, shut down my laptop and go.

---

20 minutes later, I come to his apartment. I have the key, no need to knock. The front foyer is dark, but I can hear the TV from the inside. I come in and so there he is, sit on the sofa, eyes on TV. In the table there are a large pan of my favourite tuna pizza and some cans of Pepsi, still whole. I smile, I know him, he doesn't like tuna and soda, but he knows me and what I like. I turn to the kitchen and bring along a bottle of mineral water, then sit beside him, put the water in the table.

"you're not the kind to watch F1 race" I said.
"there's no other thing" he said.
"it's almost midnight, why don't you sleep?"
A moment of silent then he answer, "cause I know you still awake".

I'm looking at him, he still looking at TV, pretending to watch that boring race. And I laugh quitely.

"you said you're hungry, just eat" He ordered.
"ok" and I give him a quick kiss on his left cheek, "thanx for the pizza". So I start to eat, a little difficult because my lips still trying to smile widely.

That's him. Simple, less talk, and nothing romantic about our relationship. He just a kind of man that know how to make me feel safe and relax, gives a little pause in my hectic life.

There's so much craziness surrounding me,
There's so much going on it gets hard to breath
When all my faith has gone you bring it back to me,
You make it real for me

When my head is strong, but my heart is weak,
I'm full of arrogance and uncertainty
When I can't find the words, you teach my heart to speak,
You make it real for me

And I am running to you baby,
You are the only one who saves me
That's why I've been missing you lately,
'Cause you make it real for me

4 comments:

anggun oktari said...

huaa .. huaa.. jadi inget buku marriageable!!

cari pasangan itu memang sebaiknya yang menyamankan dan bisa bikin ketawa tiap hari yaa..hihihi :)

Unknown said...

iyaaa.... hahaha... asa curhat kieu... :p

Finding a soulmate is a journey to find someone we need, not we want, but it will be better if that one has both quality :p

Anonymous said...

Put..langsung dibikin novel aja atuh..nanggung kalo cuma dikit2 hehehe..
Btw,,dah kepengen punya pasangan ya Put.. :P

Unknown said...

@ayu: kagak... cuman gw lagi lebay dan kebeneran menemukan lagu yang pas... hahaha...