Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sang Pemimpi

Here a news, quite surprising news...

Remember the movie Laskar Pelangi? the first installment of Laskar Pelangi tetralogy by Andrea Hirata. The success of the book grab attention of duo Mira Lesmana and Riri Riza, then they made it to the big screen at 2008 and it is a huge comercial success. This year, Miles will come again with the second installment of the tetralogy, Sang Pemimpi. And what's so surprising about it?

I know that Miles will make Sang Pemimpi the movie for long time, the one that surprising me is the line of cast. Anything new? Yes, because I found the name Ariel Peterpan there. Yes, that Ariel and that Peterpan, it is 'that' Ariel Peterpan!

Quite shocking news for me, because despite all of his popularity and great songs he made (yes, great songs, i'm a fan of Peterpan songs not the gossip around them though), Ariel never act before. So why Miles agree to take him to the production? with the budget of 11 billion rupiahs they can hire anyone else, can't they? other more professional actor maybe. And from all that sinetron star maybe they can find one that will suit the role. I don't know, one for sure, Mira Lesmana make a clear statement that Ariel pass the casting process, makes me want to ask what kind of casting it was.

Well, we'll see how it turn out when the movie hit theater at 17 December 2009. I hope it's the good one. It's 11 billion rupiahs for God sake... imagine how many school we can rebuild with that much money. But maybe, like the book, the movie try to make bigger result than that 11 billion budget with great investation through humanity, try to knock every single soul of Indonesian to fight for their dream and never give up. I thought it was the best value I got from the book. We'll see...









NB: My friend told me that it was an old news... but it is my blog, and it is new for me, and I want to write it, so... no blame, no protest of timing! Smileys Smileys Smileys

No comments: