Sunday, November 28, 2010

Tangled

- a little post before I sleep-

When the last time you watch Disney animated classic that based on fairy tale? If you watch The Princess and the Frog, then that might be your recent. But I didn't watch that, then the last time maybe... Aladdin! Yeah, Aladdin! It's 90's movie and maybe the only Disney animated classic fairy tale that I like.

You know, I don't really into fairy tale. I'm into fable, like indonesian traditional story of Si Kancil (The Rabbit) simply because it is smart. But princess story? with prince charming? (please do remember your time with Shrek, we all know th
at prince charming is no more than a thugs!) I don't know, for me it's cheap! I like Aladdin for simple reason : first, Aladdin is not a prince and second, Jasmin has a tiger as a pet :D

So today, I watched Rapunzel - a tangled tale. It based on a traditional fairy tale of Rapunzel from Germany. And I think I like this movie, why? simple reasons: first, Eugene is not a prince and second, Rapunzel has a fry-pan as weapon. Seriously, how many girl bring pan everywhere as weapon? She's quite creative for that one.

The movie is all you can hope from a Disney animated classic, musical. They sing almost anytime and anywhere (and anyone), even the bandits sings. For you who miss this Disney classic theme, then you would like this movie. I feel a little nostalgic too, like back to the 90's with Aladdin, Beauty and The Beast and Lion King. The song itself not sound very special. I do recognize the duo part and the Rapunzel's song, but what really caught my ear is the closing song. I don't know who sings it, I wikipied it and found the name Grace Potter. Never heard of her... should google more.

So, that's all! Hehehe... not so creative for a review right... but please forgives me, it's all because I don't really into fairy tale and I'm quite sleepy... bubye.... :D

1 comment:

rime said...

saya belum nonton euy....

tapi emang deh, tren film animasi tuh sekarang menuju arah simplicity.. karena udah ada banyak penelitian bahwa cerita-cerita tentang putri raja, pangeran, istana, dan kemewahan tuh ternyata sangat tidak mendidik anak-anak.

barbie aja sekarang udah ga gitu2 amat... (mungkin) begitu juga dengan Disney :)