Thursday, January 22, 2009

Anyer-Panarukan

I found this interesting book at Gramedia today. Published by Kompas and seems to be a journalistic report of an expedition through anyer-panarukan road. The story behind anyer-panarukan road has fascinated me since I'am in elementary school. My grandmother always told me the story everytime we pass the statue of Pangeran Kusumadinata (a.k.a Pangeran kornel) with Daendels at Cadas Pangeran. Pangeran Kusumadinata is the Bupati at the time, he is known as the one that fight Daendels and his plan to build a road through the rocky mountain at cadas pangeran. Cadas pangeran road is one of the toughest path in anyer-panarukan road, 5 thousand people died in the process. Despite all the bloody history of anyer-panarukan road, we can't doubt that the road is really useful. It's linked the most-west to the most-east of Java island and some path became part of pantura road now.

Right now, cadas pangeran is my favorite spot in my Bandung-Sumedang-mudik-trip. I like the forest, the cliff, even the monkey that can be spotted in the sideway, it's so peaceful, especially when you pass it in the bike and listening to the song "Indah Damai" by 4 peniti in your mp3 player, like I usually do :D

I want the book, it cost quite much and of course I don't have enough money at the moment, but I will buy it as soon as I get the money. The book makes me think to do an anyer-panarukan road trip someday, that will be very interesting. It has been listed to my holiday-plan-list.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow.. nice book.. judge book by its title..
i like history..

Unknown said...

Beliin kang... entar kalo akang mau baca, saya pinjemin... hehehe... :D

Unknown said...

Pasti nyobain tahunya donk....
what a famous one!
:D

please welcome to come by sumedangdailyphoto.com


have a nice day.