Thursday, May 6, 2010

Unclear

Sri Mulyani and World Bank maybe the hottest topic in Indonesia this last two days. It's been the trending topic on Twitter yesterday, and it's all over the TV. There's debate at Metro TV yesterday talking about it, special headline in TVone and others.

Me on the other hand, doesn't give special interest in the topic itself. I like Sri Mulyani, as Indonesian woman I'm very proud to have one of our own being internationally praised like that, especially when our people doesn't valued her enough. Something that caught my interest is how the media blow up the topic in a very extreme way. They're intentionally bring up the past Century Gate issue, create a debate with surprisingly wrong people as panelist, or empasize their own point of view in a discussion. Wow, how far they want to bring Indonesian people from true information???

This pattern is what media futurist called old-media-way. Pull viewer attention with somekind of controversial content so the rating is up and advertiser willing to pay more for the spot, *bleh* very evil kind of way.

I spent this week researching on an information and media based company whose mission is focused on bring the most relevant information to people, so when I look at how our media blow up an issue in unclear direction, honestly, I hate it. Our media has to find another way to get profit instead of confuse people with their unclear information.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a very good thought, well done.
that is why lately I dont watch TV for political news, I'd rather read it from the web or newspaper.

gosh, I miss Liputan 6 with Rosiana Silalahi :P

as for SMI, that's a definite big loss for our country, she is one of few people who are able to steer Indonesian macro and micro-economy within disturbance of worldwide finance circumstances.
I hope those entire retards in legislative will realize that they've done something terribly wrong here...hellooooo heheehe