Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Welcome... You've Got Mail

I never count how many times I watched 'You've Got Mail' so far, All I know, I'll watch it everytime I get the chance. Last thursday, I downloaded it from a movie forum, and guess what? I watch it over and over until recently, when I type this post.

Several things I like about 'You've Got Mail':

1. It's New York!!! The only place I think I'll like in US. I always fascinated by every movie or TV series that takes place in New York, from 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' to 'Sex and the City'. I like the skycrapper, the street, the subway, the stores... everything. Maybe that has been one of so many reasons why I really want to move to big city with Skycrapper... in Indonesia it just means Jakarta.

2. Meg Ryan... I don't really care about Tom Hanks, but I do care about Meg Ryan. I love her for almost as long as I begin to watch a movie :) I've watched almost all of her movies and this one is still my favourite.

3. The soundtrack, from The Puppy Song at the opening then Dreams by The Cranberries... and I'am not just a big fan of them... I devout them :D, also Signed, Sealed, Delivered by Stevie Wonder, I Guess the Lord Must be in New York City by Sinead O'Connor and Anyone At All by Carole King... I love all of it.

4. It's Telecommunication!!! They use mail everybody! a form of communication through internet... and maybe, that's one of the reason I get interest in telecommunication especially internet, to bad the internet subject is really not my-cup-of-tea. The movie is 90s, so they use mail... today, in the 21st century, we use blog. They are Web 1.0, we are Web 2.0 :D

5. Every character is unique and interesting. From the lead role to the unimportant one. And as long as I recall, there's no antagonize role in the movie, everyone just has they own interest and business. "it's not personal, it's business!".

6. That F-O-X spelling from the the Matt-boy and the line 'don't you love New York in the fall?' in the beginning.

7. What NY152 said about Starbucks... "the whole purposes of a place like Starbucks is for people with no decision making ability whatsoever to make six decisions just to buy one cup of coffee".

8. The Godfather things,
Shopgirl: "what is it with men and the Godfather?"
NY152: "The Godfather is the I-ching, The Godfather is the sum of all wisdom, The Godfather is the answer of all question".


9. The bookstore... both bookstore, Fox Books and of course the lovely Shop Around The Corner. If you have come to Gramedia Bookstore at Grand Indonesia, maybe you'll find some similiarities between it and Fox Bookstore. The interior, the cafe, the cashier, and of course the size. That's why when I go to Gramedia GI last week, I feel nostalgic to this movie.

10. And the last but not least,"...all this nothing has meant more to me than so many somethings". Don't you think the line is catchy??? I love it.

That's the top 10 actually, there's so many left in the list... but I'll keep that for myself :)

2 comments:

anggun oktari said...

iyaa, samaaa.. suka sekali 'you've got mail'.. suka meg ryan nyaaa.. *si masmuy juga kayanya suka deh, pan fansnya meg ryan*

Unknown said...

iya, k'muy bilang udah nonton semua filmnya meg ryan (itu waktu jaman the woman belum keluar), emang meg ryan itu oke banget!