Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Wuthering Heights is a hate story

"I don't understand why you like it. The characters are ghastly people who ruin each others lives. I don't know how Heathcliff and Cathy ended up being ranked with couples like Romeo and Juliet or Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy. It isn't a love story, it's a hate story."

That's what Edward said when he found out that Bella re-read Wuthering Heights. So far, I just read 10 chapters of the book and I agree with Edward. The story is annoying... no... Cathy is annoying. I hate her. She's such a shame for women. How can there's such an egoistic woman as she was?!?! I thought that most of the bad evaluation of women comes from her alone. Ugh... she's an evil.

I can't bear it anymore. I stop read it. I think it's not right to read such a hate-story like this, when i'm in the middle of my period with all bad temper I had. Maybe, when I'm in a little happier condition than this time, I will consider to continue read it. But really... this book is absolutely not my cup of tea.

No comments: